Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that YWCA Greater Austin donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights.
A donor has the right to:
- Be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
Be assured that their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the fullest extent provided by the law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization, or hired solicitors.
- Have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization intends to share. (YWCA Greater Austin does not share mailing lists.)
- Feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
For more information, please contact Cristina Tangredi, Fund Development and External Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR DONORS
We will not sell, share, or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by YWCA Greater Austin, both online and offline, as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
Should a donor wish to opt-out of any form of communication, please choose one of the following methods to communicate your communication preferences.
1. Email your request to email@example.com
2. Call 512-326-1222